Location: Seattle, WA
Job Title: Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee (CDPT)
Days Off: Saturday, Sunday
Pay Range: $16.85 – 18.60 per hour
Shift Differential : N/A
Location: Pioneer Square/Downtown
Shift: Office Day
Insurance Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-term Disability
Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee provides services to DESC clients who are identified as impacted by alcohol or other drug use. This position works cooperatively with agency staff & community resources to provide a range of services to clients with drug & alcohol problems.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform alcohol & drug assessments, and intake evaluations on selected clients; with the client’s participation, develop support & treatment plans; facilitate linkages to collaborative resources when appropriate.
- Plan, organize and facilitate treatment and support groups for clients, as appropriate.
- Provide substance abuse consultation to Mental Health Program and Housing Program staff.
- Provide staff training on substance abuse issues as appropriate.
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing ongoing advocacy and integration of services to mentally ill, homeless and formerly homeless adults.
- Advocate for client access to community resources and services, ensuring that client needs are met and rights maintained; consult and collaborate with community providers to ensure continuity of care.
- Participate in psychiatric consultation, supervision, program meetings and in-service trainings; participate in clinical reviews and case conferences for clients on caseload.
- Comply with the agency’s clinical accountability policies and procedures; maintain current and complete clinical records; participate in quality assurance reviews when assigned.
- Comply with data gathering/submission requirements of DESC and reimbursement agencies.
- Comply with applicable program research and evaluation procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have and maintain Chemical Dependency Professional trainee license/credential with Washington State Dept. of Health.
- Interest or experience in working with clients who are difficult to engage and maintain in traditional mental health programs.
- Ability to work effectively with clients displaying a wide range of unpleasant and/or bizarre behavior.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Subscribe to the philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs and of consideration and respect for consumers.
- Bicultural and/or bilingual background/experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of homelessness and various characteristics of homeless adult populations; experience with mental illness and/or co-occurring disorders preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/x6rk8vj6pr9bwkgv