Location: Main Shelter, 517 3rd Ave., Seattle, WA
Job Title: Housing Assistance Case Manager
Days Off: Saturday & Sunday
Pay Range : $36,893 – $40,733 annually
Shift: Day (7am-4pm)
Location: Main Shelter
Insurance Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-term Disability
Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan
Housing Assistance Case Managers provide housing-focused, individualized services to clients staying in DESC’s Shelter in order to facilitate access to housing.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize current county-wide assessment tool and/or DESC assessment tool to assess clients’ needs, facilitate housing placement, and inform service planning.
- Establish and implement individualized service plans for all clients on caseload, focused on facilitating housing placement and reducing potential barriers to housing success. Incorporate client goals and strengths into service planning.
- Complete progress notes and other required documentation in a timely manner, with attention to established performance outcomes.
- Become familiar with resources, community services and housing options that meet the needs of vulnerable, disabled and homeless adults.
- Become familiar with Rapid Rehousing and assist with enrollment and placement for clients.
- Assertively research housing options, including market-rate housing.
- Assist with updating, maintaining, and distributing client resource handouts.
- Collaborate with other DESC programs and external agencies for effective provision of client services.
- Work shifts as assigned covering milieu to maintain order and communicate/enforce agency rules.
- Intervene in crises with individual clients and in the shelter milieu generally.
- Register clients and document services provided during shift hours, in accordance with established procedures.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and training sessions.
- May focus on serving a demographic disproportionately affected by homelessness, such as Native Americans and Alaska Natives, African Americans, Latinos, veterans, or elders. Develop related expertise and knowledge of available resources. Provide focused outreach to clients in specialty area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Paid or volunteer experience working with individuals who are homeless or recently homeless, economically disadvantaged, mentally ill or with substance use disorders.
- Commitment to working in a harm reduction-oriented, Housing First environment.
- Ability to meet state requirements for registration as an Agency Affiliated Counselor.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff from various backgrounds and disciplines.
- Ability to work effectively with clients displaying a wide range of unpleasant and/or bizarre behavior.
- Subscribe to philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs and of consideration and respect for clients.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or related behavioral science, or
- Bachelor’s degree in any field and 1 year of paid work experience in social services, or
- Relevant associates degree and 1 year of relevant paid work experience, or
- Any Associates degree and 1 year of highly relevant paid work experience, or
- A combination of 1 year of highly relevant paid work experience and formal training in clinical and case management skills to demonstrate an ability to successfully perform the job.
- Fluency in Spanish or other highly relevant language.
- BA in social or behavioral science.
- Depending on current team needs: preference for work experience, education, and/or lived experience relevant to serving Native Americans or Alaska Natives, African Americans, Latinos, veterans, or elders.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.