Job Title: Temporary Healthcare Navigator – Mental Health Professional
Location: DESC Pioneer Square Offices
Pay Range: $43,459 – $47,982 annually
Shift: Office Day, Hours 9am – 5pm
Days Off: Saturday and Sunday
Insurance Benefits: Dental, Life, Long-term Disability, Medical (no premiums/payroll deductions for employee coverage)
Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan
The Healthcare Navigator Mental Health Professional will collaborate with an innovative, multi-disciplinary, cross-agency team to improve the health outcomes of clients who receive outpatient care at DESC’s 216 clinic and Harborview Medical Center’s Pioneer Square Clinic (PSq). This is a time-limited position funded through June 30, 2021 with the possibility of being extended pending available funding.
DESC and Harborview are partnering on a new Care Coordination Innovation Project to improve how we coordinate our behavioral health and primary care services for our shared clients in Seattle’s Pioneer Square neighborhood. The goal of this project is to develop and test new tools and clinical workflows to improve coordination between DESC and Harborview PSq clinical teams and to address the complex whole person health needs of the people we collectively serve. Best practices developed through this project will help inform DESC and Harborview’s clinical partnerships outside of Pioneer Square and will be shared with the broader community in partnership with HealthierHere and the University of Washington AIMS Center.
This position will be over seen by DESC’s SAGE Program Manager, and a SAGE Care Coordinator will serve as the primary point of behavioral health contact for Harborview within the Care Coordination Innovation Project. The Healthcare Navigator MHP will coordinate with Harborview PSq staff to enroll clients in DESC behavioral health services and will provide clinical consultation for clients who need a higher level of behavioral health support. DESC is developing a new client registry within our Electronic Health Record system and a second registry within the Collective Medical platform as part of this project to better understand and manage the population health of our clients who are shared with Harborview PSq.
The Healthcare Navigator MHP will collaborate with the care team to use these tools to understand and improve clients’ health outcomes, and to coordinate behavioral health care for clients as they travel to and from emergency departments, crisis centers, hospitals, and jails. This position is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in being part of a start-up project in a non-conventional healthcare setting to advance the integration of primary and behavioral health services for a client population with complex needs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Serve as the primary point of behavioral health contact for clients connected to both DESC and Harborview’s Pioneer Square Clinic (PSq). Serve as a behavioral health educational resource and provide consultation for Harborview PSq staff to support our shared clients.
• Help enroll DESC clients who need primary care services into PSq; help enrolled PSq clients who need behavioral health services into DESC.
• Provide behavioral health intakes and assessments for Harborview PSq clients who are not enrolled in behavioral health services; assess people using client-centered and harm reduction strategies and motivational interviewing in a non-traditional setting.?
• Assess clients for a range of health care needs and facilitate linkage and on-going connection to relevant urgent, primary and specialty health services to ensure continuity of care.?Advocate for clients’ access to a variety of community resources and services.?
• Provide ongoing assessment of mental status and the positive impact and side effects of treatment.?
• Facilitate warm handoffs after intake and assessment to establish ongoing behavioral health care with the appropriate DESC care team. Provide ongoing behavioral health services to a small caseload of clients.
• Will provide continuity of care for a small case load, in coordination with an integrated team made up of a care coordinator, Registered Nurse, and Peer Counselor.
• Coordinate behavioral health care for shared DESC/PSq clients as they travel to/from emergency departments, crisis centers, hospitals, and jails to ensure continuity of care across systems
• Review clinical data within the Collective Medical platform to help improve care transitions by interpreting and sharing this data with other team members.
• Be available for drop-in clients at 216 James clinic, as well as, those with scheduled visits, keep posted hours, and perform community outreach. Provide behavioral health services via Telehealth when appropriate, and/or support clients with Telehealth.
• Integrate care and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of?psychiatric?providers, nurses, substance use professionals, peer support specialists, mental health case managers and primary?care providers.
• Consult and collaborate with community providers to ensure continuity of care and that clients’ needs are being met, and rights maintained.?
• Participate in psychiatric consultation, supervision, program meetings and in-service trainings.?
• Ability?to use critical thinking, clinical judgment, patience, and flexibility in frequent contacts with clients. Have strong communication and customer service skills. Demonstrate leadership ability as well as using interdisciplinary team concepts.?
• Comply with the agency’s clinical accountability policies and procedures; maintain current and complete clinical records; participate in quality assurance reviews.?
• Participate in verbal de-escalation and?crisis?interventions in emergent situations and be willing and able to assist other staff as needed to maintain a safe and secure environment.?
• Participate in Care Coordination Innovation Project planning meetings and care coordination clinical workflow development. Collaborate with DESC, Harborview, HealthierHere, and UW AIMS Center to advance the project goals. Coordinate with DESC staff to ensure project contract deliverables are met.
• Participate in other relevant DESC healthcare integration initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned?by the SAGE Program Manager or Clinical Director.
• Master’s degree in a social work, psychology or other relevant behavioral science or Bachelor of Nursing degree with specialty in mental health.
• Meet criteria as a Mental Health Professional as defined in RCW 71.05, WAC 388-865-0400. ?
• Be able to pass a Washington State Criminal background check.?
• Knowledge and endorsement of Harm Reduction strategies.?
• Ability and enthusiasm to working in multidisciplinary teams.?
• Strong communication and collaboration skills with people receiving care, as well as colleagues.?
• Strong work ethic.
• Shows Initiative, creativity, and ability to work effectively within systems and independently.?
• Ability to work effectively with and demonstrate respect to people who may demonstrate significant behavioral symptoms.??
• Ability to work effectively and with respect with?colleagues?from a variety of backgrounds.??
• Eagerness to learn.
• Experience working with people with co-occurring?mental health and substance use disorders?
• Interest in testing new models of care coordination and willingness to be flexible and adapt as the Care Coordination Innovation Project evolves.
• Licensed Social Worker (LICSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) in State of Washington.
• Two years?of experience working in community or inpatient behavioral health settings.
• Current Washington Department of Health minimum credential as an Agency Affiliated Counselor in good standing.
• Experience working in a start-up program.
• Experience with project management.
• Experience working with people who are currently homeless or have experienced homelessness.?
• Experience working in atypical health care settings (e.g., street outreach, housing, day centers, etc.)?
• Bilingual in English and Spanish.?
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/V7eVk1srpLZyipN4fO8aO
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.