- Job Title: Housing Specialist – Scattered Sites
- Days Off: Saturday, Sunday Pay Range: $23.77 – $26.25 per hour
- Shift: Office Day
- Insurance Benefits: Dental, Life, Long-term Disability, Medical (no premiums/payroll deductions for employee coverage)
- Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan The Housing Specialist coordinates various aspects of the DESC housing program, including administrative tasks of voucher programs and other tasks within the housing program.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Research and identify affordable and suitable housing options for single adults and recruit local landlords to participate in Shelter Plus Care and other voucher programs.
· Act as agency information and support resource for direct service staff regarding the range of housing opportunities for DESC clients in the community.
· Provide DESC staff with information about DESC housing options available to clients. Consult and collaborate with case managers to insure effective planning for clients.
· Establish access channels for clients to community housing resources, helping to ensure clients’ needs are met and rights maintained and to create an accepting atmosphere with landlords.
· Coordinate the housing application process for Shelter Plus Care, Section 8, and other voucher programs. Screen referrals and conduct interviews for the Scattered Site Project as needed by the Scattered Site Project Manager.
· Oversee tenant recruitment and placement in DESC set aside units at the St. Charles/Plymouth Housing Group. Monitor DESC clients living there and act as liaison between DESC and Plymouth Housing Group for these units.
· Compile monthly reports of housing occupancy for Shelter Plus Care and other voucher programs and maintain appropriate service data. Compile quarterly service match reports and annual reports required by the Shelter Plus Care program.
· Attend and participate in monthly Shelter Plus Care coordinating committee meetings.
· Coordinate communication and act as a liaison between DESC and relevant administering agencies and landlords.
· Provide oversight of assigned cluster house(s).
· Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with local housing programs, providers and landlords.
· Assist with DESC housing project management duties as required and assigned by the Scattered Sites Project Manager.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Experience working with computer word processing and spreadsheet functions required.
· Experience in low-income and supportive housing.
· Experience working with persons living with mental illness, homelessness and/or substance abuse desired.
· Ability to meet state requirements for registration as a counselor.
· Valid Washington State driver’s license and insurable driving record preferred.
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with clients and staff from various backgrounds.
· Ability to work effectively with clients displaying a wide range of unpleasant and/or bizarre behavior.
· Commitment to the philosophy of cooperation and continuity across agency programs and of consideration and respect for clients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Relevant Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or related behavioral science, or
· Bachelor’s degree in any field and 1 year of paid work experience in social services, or
· Relevant associates degree and 1 year of relevant paid work experience, or
· Any Associates degree and 1 year of highly relevant paid work experience, or
· A combination of 1 year of highly relevant paid work experience and formal training in clinical and case management skills to demonstrate an ability to successfully perform the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required sit for long periods of time, communicate with other persons by talking and hearing, required to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds and to operate computer hardware systems. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.