Location: Headquarters, Seattle, WA
Job Title: Director of Quality and Information Management
Days Off: Saturday, Sunday
Pay Range: $101,270 – $114,578 annually
Shift: Office Day
Location: Headquarters/Downtown Seattle
Region: Pioneer Square
Insurance Benefits: Medical (no premiums/payroll deductions for employee coverage), Dental, Life, Long-term Disability
Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan
DESC (Downtown Emergency Service Center) is a nonprofit organization that helps people with complex needs achieve their highest potential for health and well-being through comprehensive services, treatment, and housing.
As the region’s leading provider of services to multiply disabled, chronically homeless adults, DESC serves 3,000 people each day through a comprehensive continuum of care which includes emergency shelter and other survival services, mental health care and substance use disorder treatment, employment services, and permanent supportive housing. This integrated service model is designed to help disabled homeless men and women secure and maintain appropriate, safe and affordable housing. DESC is recognized nationally and regionally as an innovator in developing solutions to homelessness.
The Director of Quality and Information Management is responsible for the integrity and use of data and key information needed for good program performance and contract and regulatory compliance. This position oversees functional teams managing a complex internally-developed data system, the agency computer network, and DESC’s large portfolio of contracts and the associated compliance management system. This role reports to the Deputy Director of Operations.
Position handles a wide diversity of work with a high degree of complexity. Considerable planning occurs within the context of an unpredictable external environment in which shifting priorities are common. Position operates under the direction of the Deputy Director for Operations, but with little direct supervision for many tasks.
To Apply: Please include a cover letter along with your resume describing your interest in working in a leadership role specifically at DESC.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the operation, staffing, performance, and continuous improvement of the agency’s quality assurance, contract and regulatory compliance, and information systems.
- Compliance & Monitoring: Oversee the work of staff teams responsible for: adherence to agency’s mission, strategic plan and legal and contractual requirements by tracking and evaluating regulatory and contract requirements, ensuring report submissions, and necessary compliance activities; renew subcontracts as needed; review and correct billing documents; overseeing compliance with HIPAA and other privacy laws; ensuring adequate communications of requirements to program staff.
- Program Audits: Ensure oversight of audit preparation, including work with various stakeholders to prepare for any audit and complete corrective action plans as necessary; ensure documentation and communication of procedures as required. Collaborate with CFO and others regarding relevant financial components of program audit activities.
- Quality Assurance: Responsible for optimal integration of Housing and Clinical compliance processes; drive continuous improvement on contract compliance and performance; identify and act on opportunities to (1) create cross-group collaboration and synergies within DESC and (2) make quality improvements;
- Information Systems: Oversee the planning, development, implementation, documentation, end-user support and training and other management activity to support the agency’s data and communications infrastructure; support agency-wide technology needs including those of end-users, contract requirements, and data collection and reporting; ensure security, availability, and minimal downtime of major systems for agency’s 24-hour operations and after-hours coverage to respond to emergency failures; ensure performance, security, and up-time of DESC’s CHASERS database, a certified EHR database, driving usability and other continuous improvements.
- Represent the agency and program on community committees, work groups and task forces.
- Ensure the timely investigation and follow-up of extraordinary incidents within scope of responsibility.
- Participate in planning and coordination activities of management team; provide information to that team about issues in areas of responsibility.
- Participate in writing proposals for on-going and new funding.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external parties, including partner agencies, funders and relevant other entities.
- Participate in range of advocacy activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social, behavioral, administrative, or information technology discipline from an accredited college or university and 10 years of relevant management experience in medium to large organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social service setting issues and dynamics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to influence & gain buy-in at multiple levels, across divisions, functions and cultures.
- Demonstrated change management, crisis resolution, and data & fact-based problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience driving information management system improvements.
- Pass a required Washington State criminal background check.
- A personal vehicle is not a requirement of this position. However, if using a personal or agency-owned vehicle in the performance of job duties associated with this position, employee must possess and maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s License, the appropriate amount of automobile insurance, and a safe driving record.
- Committed to the philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs and of consideration and respect for clients.
- Master’s degree in information technology or administrative discipline a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in program evaluation and use of metrics for performance improvement.
- Systems-oriented with demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically while having excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Significant non-profit leadership or management experience or demonstrated understanding of non-profit organizational systems and issues.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.