Are you passionate about serving those who are most in need? Are you committed to working for your fellow citizens? Are you a believer in working towards creative and innovation solutions for clients with vexing problems? If so, please apply to attend our Mobile Response Division Hiring Event.
DESC’s Mobile Response Division offers a fast-paced work environment working with individuals who are experiencing a behavioral health crisis or are needing assistance post-crisis event. As a member of our Division you will work alongside emergency first responders like police and firefighters to help in crisis situations. You may report to your work location each day but you will never have the same day as the one before. DESC works with all types of populations and is not limited to the homeless population, which allows for a dynamic use of skills.
DESC invites you to apply today for a chance to attend our hiring event! Qualified applicants who are invited to the hiring event have the opportunity to take a tour of a DESC Project, learn about what makes DESC unique, and learn more about the work we do.
Dates and Times:
- Monday January 22nd, 2024, 12p-3p
- Tuesday January 23rd, 2024, 10a-1p
- Wednesday January 24th, 2024, 12p-3p
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or related behavioral science and 1 year of highly relevant work experience
- Current Washington Department of Health minimum credential as an Agency Affiliated Counselor in good standing.
- Be able to pass a Washington State Criminal background check.
- Willingness to be flexible and work cooperatively with coworkers to accomplish all responsibilities of the team.
- Interest in and experience working with individuals disabled by mental illness and/or substance abuse who are experiencing a crisis.
- Interest in or experience working with clients who are difficult to engage and maintain in traditional mental health programs.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Ability to work effectively with clients displaying a wide range of unpleasant and/or bizarre behaviors.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff from various backgrounds.
- Subscribe to the philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs and of consideration and respect for clients.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required by program and staffing needs.
- Meet criteria as a Certified or Licensed AAC, preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Bicultural background/experience and/or qualify as an Ethnic Minority, DD, or Geriatric Mental Health Specialist (per WAC 388-865-0150 definition), preferred.
- Knowledge of de-escalation skills, crisis intervention & stabilization, and harm reduction strategies, preferred.
- Strong applicants are able to demonstrate the ability to be positive in their empathetic responses to all persons; understand the value of meaningful and deep client engagement; have the potential to acquire the necessary knowledge, attitudes and skills of an effective crisis worker; and value a non-judgmental response to sensitive issues. Candidates should be able to accept feedback and work in a highly collaborative and potentially stressful environment.
Strong applicants are able to demonstrate the ability to be positive in their empathetic responses to all persons; understand the value of meaningful and deep client engagement; have the potential to acquire the necessary knowledge, attitudes and skills of an effective crisis worker; and value a non-judgmental response to sensitive issues. Candidates should be able to accept feedback and work in a highly collaborative and potentially stressful environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.