Job Title: Case Manager Hiring Fair – SAGE
Days Off: Saturday, Sunday
Pay Range: CM1 Scale: $21.81 – 24.08 (BA Equivalency, see “Education and Experience Requirements” below), CM2 Scale: $ $47,385.00 – $52,299.12 for MHP qualifying candidates. CM2 Scale: Steps 1, 2 and 3 of the scale are hourly / non-exempt and eligible for over-time pay. Steps 4, 5 and 6 are salary and not eligible for over-time pay.
Location: Multiple Locations Region: Seattle Shift: Office Day Insurance Benefits: Dental, Life, Long-term Disability, Medical (no premiums/payroll deductions for employee coverage) Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan
DESC (Downtown Emergency Service Center) is a nonprofit organization working to end the homelessness of vulnerable people, particularly those living with serious mental or addictive illnesses. Through partnerships and an integrated array of comprehensive services, treatment and housing, DESC gives people the opportunity to reach their highest potential.
We are looking to interview qualified candidates over Zoom or Teams on April 2nd from 9am to 5pm. Interviews will take around 1-hour to complete.
DESC EMPLOYEE PERKS:
· Over 6 weeks off in the first year
· Nationally recognized program
· Licensure Reimbursement
· Public Service Loan Forgiveness from the Federal Government
· Fully paid for health insurance
· Opportunities for growth
· Team building and Camaraderie
· Paid Training and Learning Occurs at your Own Pace
Support, Advocacy, Growth and Employment (SAGE) is DESC’s comprehensive outpatient mental health program. SAGE intake specialists, case managers, psychiatrists and nurses assist adults with severe and persistent mental illness in their journey towards recovery. Long-term case management services are provided including help with obtaining and maintaining housing, improving clinical and social stability, and enriching their level of independence and self-sufficiency.
SAGE services are licensed under the Washington State Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery and are provided under contract with King County Mental Health, Chemical Abuse & Dependency Services Division. Services are provided within a Recovery model.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing on-going case management services to adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses.
· Provide outreach and engagement services to assigned clients, to initially engage clients and maintain working relationships.
· Conduct psychosocial assessments; develop goal planners with consumer participation; facilitate linkages to collaborative resources when appropriate.
· Assume primary responsibility for coordinating all aspects of consumers’ support and goal planners. This includes: providing and/or coordinating the delivery of psychiatric treatment; substance abuse treatment; 24-hour support services; and performing acute case management to facilitate consumer access to food, clothing, housing, medical care, financial assistance and vocational training or employment.
· Advocate for consumers’ access to community resources and services, ensuring that consumers’ needs are met and rights maintained; consult and collaborate with community providers to ensure continuity of care.
· Participate in the planning, organizing and facilitating of group treatment services for consumers served by the mental health program.
· Travel locally to outreach consumers; make home visits and assist with home inspections.
· Provide crisis intervention and risk assessment; tolerate unusual or unpleasant behavior.
· Provide counseling, as qualified.
· Fulfill role of protective payee for some consumers on behalf of the agency, creating monthly budgets with consumers, distributing funds and assisting with purchases.
· Document services provided.
Other duties & responsibilities:
· Participate in psychiatric consultation, supervision, program meetings and in-service trainings; participate in clinical reviews and case conferences for consumers on caseload.
· Comply with the agency’s clinical accountability policies and procedures; maintain current and complete clinical and administrative records; participate in quality assurance reviews when assigned.
· Comply with applicable program research and evaluation procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Interest in and experience working with homeless, mentally ill, and/or chemically dependent individuals.
· Interest in or experience working with consumers who are difficult to engage and maintain in traditional mental health programs.
· Ability to meet state requirements for registration as a counselor.
· Knowledge of Recovery focused, strengths based work in mental health.
· Knowledge of Harm Reduction strategies.
· Ability to work effectively with clients displaying a wide range of unpleasant and/or bizarre behaviors.
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff from various backgrounds.
· Subscribe to the philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs and of consideration and respect for consumers.
· Washington State Driver’s License and insurable driving record.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Relevant Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or related behavioral science, or
· Bachelor’s degree in any field and 1 year of paid work experience in social services, or
· Relevant associates degree and 1 year of relevant paid work experience, or
· Any Associates degree and 1 year of highly relevant paid work experience, or
· A combination of 1 year of highly relevant paid work experience and formal training in clinical and case management skills to demonstrate an ability to successfully perform the job.
· Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
· Bicultural background/experience and/or Qualified Minority Mental Health Specialist designation is helpful.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.