Job Title: Housing Stabilization Specialist
Days Off: Sunday & Monday
Salary Range: $23.77 – $26.25 per hour
Shift: Office Day (9am – 5pm)
Location: Downtown/Pioneer Square
Insurance Benefits: Dental, Life, Long-term Disability, Medical (no premiums/payroll deductions for employee coverage) Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan
We are excited to announce the new Housing Stabilization Specialist position at the Lyon Building. We know that when it comes to housing retention and independent living skills, some PSH tenants need more support than can be easily brought to bear by their care team. This innovative position, in partnership with the existing care team, will create and implement client-centered housing stability plans and assist residents with achieving goals that align with their stability plan. Support will range from managing challenging unit conditions, mitigating lease violations, to supporting community building events and activities. This position will be part of the CSS team at the location, although will not have a defined caseload, but instead work directly tenants how have extra support needs in doing “whatever it takes” to promote housing retention.
This role seeks to heighten positive engagement with individuals with high medical needs, persistent mental illness and substance use disorders, frequent institutional contacts and treatment stays, or simply more intensive support. It’s the perfect position for someone who wants high client engagement; likes creativity, independence and teamwork; and wants to see long-term, tangible results!
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing on-going services to adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses.
· Advocate for consumers’ access to community resources and services, ensuring that consumers’ needs are met and rights maintained; consult and collaborate with community providers to ensure continuity of care.
· In collaboration with residents and their treatment team, complete the Housing Stability Plan and help clients achieve their short and long-term goals.
· Assist with unit inspection preparation in collaboration with the treatment team.
· Regularly review and modify each client’s Housing Stability Plan to address housing retention barriers.
· Provide transitional care when residents are discharged from an inpatient setting.
· Assist with accessing supports to preserve independent living.
· Assist residents with communicating with landlords and other housing staff.
· In partnership with other staff members, help facilitate or lead activities that contribute to long-term housing success and improve independent living skills.
· Complete documentation on all client interactions according to agency standards and prepare and submit documentation of services.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to obtain an Agency Affiliated Counselor (AAC) license in WA soon after hire.
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
· Ability to work effectively with clients displaying a wide range of behavior.
· Valid Washington State driver’s license and insurable driving record (preferred).
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Relevant Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or related behavioral science, or
· Bachelor’s degree in any field and 1 year of paid work experience in social services, or
· Relevant associates degree and 1 year of relevant paid work experience, or
· Any Associates degree and 1 year of highly relevant paid work experience, or
· A combination of 1 year of highly relevant paid work experience and formal training in clinical and case management skills to demonstrate an ability to successfully perform the job, or
· A combination of 1 year of highly relevant paid work experience and an additional 1 year of relevant paid work experience to demonstrate an ability to successfully perform the job, or
· “2 years of relevant paid work experience” in lieu of 1 highly relevant + training.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/Z4xxGeHB1WRRfaEJhbzRb
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.