Residential Counselor Hiring Fair – Fulltime Evening and Overnight
Pay Range: $18.87 – 20.77 for swing shift; $19.37 – $21.27 for night shift
Shift Differential: $1.00 / hr for night shift and $.50/hr for swing shift (included in pay range above)
Insurance Benefits: Medical (no premiums/payroll deductions for employee coverage), Dental, Life, Long-term Disability
Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan
Location: Seattle (multiple sites)
Days off: vary by location
Shift: Swing (3:30 pm – 12:00 midnight) or Night (11:30 pm – 8:00 am)
• Do you have patience, energy, and a can-do attitude?
• Do you think everyone deserves a home?
• Are you skilled at working with people, even those with challenging behaviors?
If so, you can work on a Supportive Housing team to help end the homelessness of our most vulnerable neighbors.
DESC has full-time evening and overnight Residential Counselor positions with excellent benefits at several Seattle locations.
Apply now to reserve a spot at our virtual hiring event on Tuesday, August 3rd. Participants will be guaranteed onsite interviews following.
DESC Employee PERKS:
• Over 6 weeks off in the first year of employment
• Opportunities for growth
• Team building and camaraderie
• Training and learning that occurs at your own pace
• Great medical and dental benefits
• Week-long orientation and training
• Retirement Plan
• Flexible Spending Account
What you will be doing:
• Interact with residents in the general milieu and common areas.
• Assist clinical staff in the coordination of services to residents, contact residents’ outside service providers as necessary.
• Assist clinical staff in engaging residents through creative, resourceful strategies that build trust and confidence.
• Assist clinical staff in the initiation, facilitation and promotion of on-site activities, therapeutic support groups, outings, and community meetings.
• Manage all building operations in the absence of other project and clinical staff as assigned.
• Operate all functions in lobby office, including checking visitors in and out, answering telephones and monitoring security systems.
• Maintain safety and security by monitoring all general access areas and enforcing project rules.
• Intervene in crises, respond to emergencies, and initiate action as required, including contact with emergency response systems.
• Write significant events involving residents and building operations activities in a daily log; read log daily.
• Assist with room turnovers, new resident leasing and orientation; rent collection and facilities inspections.
• Respond to resident complaints.
• Work cooperatively with clinical and maintenance staff sited at the project and with visiting providers; refer residents to clinical and other staff as necessary.
• Initiate appropriate response to maintenance requests.
• Participate in staff meetings and trainings.
• Assist with other property management functions as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.