Website Institute for Family Development
In-Home Family Therapist / Counselor / Social Worker North Puget Sound Area
WHO WE ARE
The Institute for Family Development (IFD) is recognized as a leader in providing family counseling services designed to keep children and youth safe, strengthen families, and reduce the need for placing youth into state-funded care. Founded in 1982, we are one of the largest providers of evidence-based services to youth and families involved in the child welfare and juvenile justice systems in Washington State.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING TO HIRE
We are looking for several full-time and part-time therapists to join our team. We have openings in Snohomish, Skagit and Whatcom counties. We are looking for applicants with excellent communication skills and a passion for making a difference in the community. Therapists provide home-based family services, including crisis intervention, counseling, skill building, concrete services, and advocacy. Specific programs may include Homebuilders®, PCIT, SafeCare, FPS, and CFI, as assigned. This position reports to the program supervisor.
SAFETY MEASURES DUE TO COVID-19
The safety of our clients and employees is our top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we are temporarily providing many of our in-home services via telehealth. We have also implemented strict safety guidelines for in person sessions, including: health screens, mandatory face coverings for all participants, physical distancing requirements, and alternate meeting locations when meeting in the home environment is not safe.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Health insurance
• Dental reimbursement plan
• 20 paid vacation days per year
• 12 paid sick days per year
• 11 holidays per year
• 401(k) retirement plan (5% IFD matching contribution)
• Agency issued cell phone
• Excellent supervision, including supervision for licensure
• Master’s degree: $43,260 – $48,668 annual salary, DOE
• Bachelor’s degree: $39,240 – $43,069 annual salary, DOE
• Paid mileage and travel time
• 10% salary add-on for approved bilingual skills
• $1,000.00 hiring bonus allocated throughout first year of employment
Typical Working Conditions
• Requires working flexible hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Work is performed primarily in client homes.
• Requires extensive travel to client homes and throughout the community.
• Involves exposure to tobacco smoke, domestic animals, household pests, and other conditions common to domestic environments.
• Frequent contact with staff and non-staff (e.g., client families, referring agencies, community professionals, community agencies / programs).
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM
• A graduate degree in human services or related field and at least one year of experience working with families; OR an undergraduate degree in human services or related field and at least three years of experience working with families.
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals, exercise discretion, maintain client confidentiality, and communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Valid driver’s license, a vehicle in good working condition, and automobile liability insurance that meets minimum agency requirements.
• Satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check and driving record review.
• Current Washington State counselor credential (license, associate, or agency affiliated counselor), and First Aid and CPR certifications required.
• Applicant must be 21 years of age and live in the designated service area.
Need More Information?
Additional information about IFD and this position is on our website: www.institutefamily.org.
IFD is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit theapplicantmanager.com.