Website Institute for Family Development
WHO WE ARE
The Institute for Family Development (IFD) is recognized as a leader in providing services designed to keep children and youth safe, strengthen families, and reduce the need for placing youth into state-funded care. Founded in 1982, we are one of the largest providers of evidence-based services to youth and families involved in the child welfare and juvenile justice systems in Washington State.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING TO HIRE
We are looking for a counselor with amazing clinical skills, excellent communication skills, and a passion for making a difference in his or her community to join our clinical team. S/he will be part of a team of therapists who base their work on the following values:
- The safety of children, parents and staff comes first.
- It is best for children to be raised by their own families whenever possible.
- Family members are our colleagues and partners.
- All people have the ability to change, and a crisis is an opportunity for change to occur.
- Reducing barriers to service improves family outcomes.
- Providing information and teaching skills empowers families to become self-sufficient.
Hourly in-home therapist position (to transition into full-time regular position when full caseload is attained) is open in Kitsap County providing home-based family services, including crisis intervention, counseling, skill building, concrete services, and advocacy. This position reports to the program supervisor.
SAFETY MEASURES DUE TO COVID-19
The safety of our clients and employees is our top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we are temporarily providing many of our in-home services via telehealth. We have also implemented strict safety guidelines for in person sessions, including: health screens, mandatory face coverings for all participants, physical distancing requirements, and alternate meeting locations when meeting in the home environment is not safe.
WHAT WE OFFER
Rate of Pay and Benefits
- The starting hourly rate for a Master’s level therapist is $20.80 – $23.40 DOE. The starting hourly rate for a Bachelor’s level therapist is $18.41 – $20.71 DOE.
- Paid mileage and paid travel time
- Excellent benefits available to regular/salaried staff, including: Medical insurance (with staff paying only 6% of premiums)
- Dental reimbursement plan
- 20 paid vacation days per year
- 11 holidays per year
- 12 paid sick leave days per year
- 401(k) retirement plan available to all staff (typically 5% annual agency contribution)
- Benefits are pro-rated based on FTE.
- IFD is a supportive work environment with excellent supervision.
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM
- An undergraduate degree in human services or related field and at least three years of experience OR a graduate degree in human services and one year of experience working with families required.
- Experience providing in-home services or evidence-based therapeutic models, such as PCIT, FFT, Triple P, PFR or SafeCare is a plus.
- Ability and interest in working a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Applicant must demonstrate an ability to work with diverse individuals, exercise discretion, maintain client confidentiality and communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license, a vehicle in good working condition, and automobile liability insurance that meets minimum agency requirements.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check, including no history of DUI violations, required.
- Current Washington State counselor credential (license, associate, or agency affiliated counselor), and First Aid and CPR certifications required.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age and live in Kitsap County. Residence in Central Kitsap County is preferred.
Need More Information?
Additional information about IFD and this position is on our website: www.institutefamily.org.
IFD participates in the e-Verify program and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit theapplicantmanager.com.