Website Institute for Family Development
Who We Are
The Institute for Family Development (IFD) is recognized as a leader in providing services designed to keep children and youth safe, strengthen families, and reduce the need for placing youth into state-funded care. Founded in 1982, we are one of the largest providers of evidence-based services to youth and families involved in the child welfare and juvenile justice systems in Washington State.
Social justice is a foundational value of our organization, and we are fully committed to creating an anti-racist, equitable and inclusive agency culture where all staff thrive and can fulfill their potential. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruitment, support, and retention is how we will obtain the most diverse, highest quality workforce that shares, and helps us advance, our mission and values.
We are interested in individuals who are representative of the diverse populations we serve and are dedicated to serving clients with quality and compassion through a trauma-informed lens. We are looking for people who want to “be the change” in their communities – to advance social justice in their work. We want clinicians who share our goal of ensuring all families are successful in our services, and Black, Indigenous and other children of color are not disproportionally represented in out-of-home placement.
“A Social Justice approach to child welfare requires confronting racial and class bias, it requires concrete help for poor families, it requires humble tasks, and it requires stepping out of the role of noble healer and into the role of partner.” Richard Wexler, executive director of the National Coalition for Child Protection Reform
Who We Are Looking to Hire
We are looking for a therapist with amazing clinical skills, excellent communication skills, and a passion for making a difference in his or her community to join our WISe team. This individual will be providing Wrap Around Intensive Services, in-home counseling services to strengthen families and support youth with mental health needs. A caseload of ten to fifteen families in conjunction with the wraparound team allows the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of high-risk children and families.
- The safety of children, parents and staff comes first.
- It is best for children to be with their own families whenever possible.
- Family members are our colleagues and partners.
- All people have the ability to change, and a crisis is an opportunity for change to occur.
- Reducing barriers to service improves family outcomes.
- Providing information and teaching skills empowers families to become self-sufficient.
SAFETY MEASURES DUE TO COVID-19
The safety of our clients and employees is our top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we are temporarily providing many of our in-home services via telehealth. We have also implemented strict safety guidelines for in person sessions, including: health screens, mandatory face coverings for all participants, physical distancing requirements, and alternate meeting locations when meeting in the home environment is not safe.
What We Offer
- Master’s Degree is DOE Salary range $45,922 to $55,130
- Paid mileage and paid travel time
- $2000.00 hiring bonus paid throughout the first year of employment
- State approved supervision towards LICSW licensure
- Medical insurance (with staff paying only 6% of premiums)
- Dental reimbursement plan
- 20 paid vacation days per year
- 11 holidays per year
- 12 paid sick leave days per year
- 401(k) retirement plan (typically with 5% IFD matching contribution)
How to Join Our Team
- Master’s degree in social work, counseling or a related field.
- Extensive experience with mentally ill youth and their families
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Residence in Spokane or Spokane Valley, or a willingness to move upon hire.
- Ability and interest in working a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
Need More Information?
Additional information about IFD and this position is on our website: http://www.institutefamily.org/
IFD participates in the e-Verify program and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.institutefamily.org.