JJAT Substance Use Disorder Professional Assessor
Ryther is seeking a SUDP or SUPT credentialed individual to provide timely, comprehensive SUD assessments for adolescents referred by the Juvenile Justice Assessment Team (JJAT) to assess for substance use disorders. While part of the Ryther team, this individual will be based out of the JJAT office and would be working as part of a collaborative team to provide assessments for court as well as referrals and linkage to appropriate services when needed. The individual in this position will need to be flexible with ability to travel to meet clients in the community to perform assessments when needed.
Ryther seeks to create a work environment that reflects the diverse community that it serves. People of color, LGBTQIA, persons with disabilities, and multi-lingual individuals encouraged to apply. Our diversity is our strength!
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Using an ASAM adherent structured interview tool to, complete a substance use assessment for each youth that is referred.
• Schedule all assessments within 3 – 5 working days following receipt of the referral. Any cancellations or missed appointments must be rescheduled within 3 – 5 days of the missed appointment.
• Within five days following completion of the assessment, or as needed to comply with court requests, create an assessment summary with treatment recommendations following an approved format.
• As needed in urgent situations, complete SUD assessments on the same day as the referral.
• As requested, provide additional services to referred youth including developing with the youth and their supports an action plan to address their needs, identifying and providing linkages to appropriate services within their community to address those needs, supporting the youth through the court process, and assist youth in linking with pro-social activities within their community.
Essential Job Requirements:
• Acceptance and ability to work with individuals and families with a variety of lifestyles, behaviors, cultural and spiritual practices with the ability to apply a social justice and equity lens to all aspects of this work
• SUDP certification preferred but SUDPTs are welcome to apply
• Work from the designated JJAT office
• Skills in clinical assessment
• Experience with ASAM criteria and experience working with youth from marginalized communities is a plus
Ryther offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental benefits, paid vacation, and retirement options. Salary is at 50k.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org