MAT Outreach Case Manager
Ryther is a recognized leader in behavioral health services for children, youth, young adults and their families facing complex challenges. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive services and innovative treatments. We guide, coach and teach so that every child/youth and family we work with may experience new ways of thinking, develop positive relationships, and realize a better life.
Ryther seeks to create a work environment that reflects the diverse community that it serves. People of color, LGBTQIA, persons with disabilities, and multi-lingual individuals encouraged to apply. Our diversity is our strength!
Seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic case manager with significant experience working with homeless youth and/or people who use opioids. Access to reliable transportation is imperative for this position. As part of a multi-disciplinary treatment team, you’ll provide targeted outreach to youth and young adults experiencing or at risk of opioid use disorder(s). Utilizing your outreach and case management techniques, support clients in understanding and accessing appropriate treatment and health promotion resources.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Engage clients in various community settings including drop-in centers, shelters, encampments, and other sites.
2. Develop and implement strategies, along with multi-disciplinary team members, to provide outreach services to hard-to-reach youth and young adults currently using or at-risk for using opioids or other substances.
3. Utilize motivational interviewing, harm reduction, and rapport-building techniques to enhance client engagement in the program.
4. Utilize a wide variety of case management and outreach interventions to meet client’s needs and engagement them where they are at.
5. Provide supplies, resources, and basic health education to support client in making informed decisions about their substance use and treatment options.
6. Support clients in accessing appropriate treatment for substance use disorders, mental health concerns, and medical conditions.
7. Utilize recovery-focused and strength-based approaches to support client in improving access to treatment and reducing health risk factors.
Essential Job Requirements:
1. Commitment to the Purpose, Vision, and Values of the agency.
2. Accredited bachelor’s degree in behavioral science and two years relevant experience, preferably in social or vocational services with young people, or a master’s degree in mental health related field.
3. Be at least 21 years of age.
4. Acceptance of a variety of lifestyles, behaviors, cultural, and spiritual practices.
5. Ability to maintain awareness of culturally relevant issues while interaction with children, families, co-workers, and community members.
6. Valid Washington state driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
7. Access to reliable transportation and ability to meet clients throughout King County as needed.
8. Ability to work with a strengths-based model.
9. Ability to hand work environments that may be include high levels of stress and uncertainty.
10. Understanding of human development, child psychology, and basic understanding of psycho-pharmacology.
11. Awareness of the public mental health system.
12. Ability to work effectively with individuals with complex needs and multi-system involvement.
13. Knowledge of homeless youth services systems. Comfortable working with clients experiencing homelessness.
You’ll have the following benefits:
Medical/Dental Benefits (Premium covered up to 94% by Ryther, depending on plan)
15 Days Paid Vacation, 10 Sick Days, and 1 Personal Day (Vacation and Sick time rollover)
10 Paid Holidays
Loan Forgiveness Plan
18% Off Your Verizon Bill
40% Off Aflac Supplemental Insurances (Free Aflac Identity Theft Protection)
403b Tax Deferred Retirement Plan
401a Profit Sharing
Life Insurance ($50,000.00)
We hope you decide to come join our team! For a full job description on this opportunity (and more) please visit our website at www.ryther.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com