Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Presbyterian Kaufman is currently seeking a full time Nurse Navigator Registered Nurse to help support our DSRIP ED team.
The address is: 850 Ed Hall Drive, Kaufman, TX 75142.
Salary Range: Min. $35.48/hr – Max. $49.18/hr – based on relevant work experience.
Work Schedule: Full Time. 40 hours per week. Monday – Friday 8AM-5PM
Essential Functions • Utilizes the nursing process in determining the specialty needs of individual patients for successful outpatient management of their clinical conditions when appropriate; works with the interdisciplinary team and patient to develop, implement and monitor a comprehensive plan of care to prevent, mitigate and/or manage varied health care conditions. • Navigates identified patients to primary and preventive care by assisting patients to obtain a primary care physician and/or enrollment in a chronic disease management clinic to more effectively manage their clinical needs on an ongoing basis; connects patients to necessary community resources and facilitates arrangements for obtaining those services. • Intervenes as necessary to provide patient education, assist in coordination of care and monitor identified patients post discharge to assist in overcoming barriers and encourage compliance with follow-up plans. • Provides consultation to professional colleagues, patients and families regarding clinical and operational issues as indicated; contributes to staff education.
- Documents assessments and interventions in the patient’s medical records; communicates findings and actions to members of the care team as indicated.
- Monitors patient treatment plans enrolled in navigation program for compliance to national guidelines and best practices considering the financial implications for the patient; works closely with community providers and resources to meet needs.
- Develops and utilizes systems and data management tools to facilitate the identification of patients for navigation, collection and analysis of data including key elements related to utilization of ED, primary or specialty care management in the community, inpatient admissions/readmissions and other services provided in the community tracks outcomes and makes recommendations for process improvement conducts quality improvement initiatives using methods such as PDSA, rapid cycle improvement initiatives, lean methodology, etc. disseminates findings, lessons learned and best practices to varied stakeholders engages community resources in review of findings as indicated.
- Assists in creating a positive, consistently excellent patient experience.
- Performs key clinical KPIs per standards actively includes NPSGs in practice contributes to the safety initiatives of the organization utilizes Team STEPPS and fosters effective communication with others.
- Establishes relationships with physicians, nurses, ancillary staff and administration. Networks with peers in State/Region/Nation to share ideas and conduct mutual problem-solving. Attends regional meetings related to navigation outcomes and lessons learned.
- Serves as a liaison for patients, staff, leadership, physicians, clinical providers, community organizations and other key customers as needed. Demonstrates ethical decision making as a professional behavior that reflects the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics and Standards for Nurses and supports the Professional Practice Model and patient-centered care philosophy; promotes the professional image of nursing in demeanor, appearance, attitude and behaviors.
- Participates in hospital-wide projects/committees/workshops to enhance care delivery and the overall experience of the patient.
- Serves as an effective steward of resource utilization through time management, clinical decision-making and general operations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree Nursing Required And
- Master’s Degree Nursing Preferred
- 3 Years relevant clinical experience, Required and
- 3 Years ED nursing and/or case management experience desired. Preferred
- RN – Registered Nurse License Upon Hire Required
- CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 60 Days Required
Skills • Positive interpersonal skills, proficient computer skills including Excel and other common database software programs; ability to work independently; working knowledge of the care and management of varied patient populations; bilingual (English/Spanish desirable.
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2Apply.net.