Texas Health Resources
Texas Health HEB’s Springwood Adult Behavioral Health Hospital is currently seeking a full time, day shift Registered Nurse to join the team to support our Bedford location.
The address is:
Texas Health Springwood
2717 Tibbets Dr. Bedford, TX 76022
Salary Range: Min. $26.50/hr to Max.$50.40/hr – Based on relevant experience
Hours/Schedule: 36 hours per week. 12 hour shifts, will work every other weekend. We have set schedules. Your work Schedules would be either Team 1 or Team 2.
- Team 1:
o Week 1 – Sunday, Monday, Thursday
o Week 2 – Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday,
o then repeat.
- Team 2:
o Week 1 – Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday
o Week 2 – Sunday, Monday, Thursday,
o then repeat
- Assists with and helps coordinate patient care
- Assists with all patient care provided by the multidisciplinary team
- Encourages team members. Provides Basic Human Needs – Responds to others’ priorities regarding safety, physical, psychological and social needs
- The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs by demonstrating:
- Attention to emotional, social, and self-esteem needs
- Regular assessment and maintenance of comfort
- Knowledge of basic physiology and pathophysiology
- Knowledge of human emotions during health and illness
- Knowledge of human development across the life span
- Knowledge of pain and suffering, pain interventions and pain comfort/theories
- Provides safe patient care as evidenced by
- Using barcode medication verification (BMV) during medication administrations
- Completing accurate documentation in the electronic health record
- Completing assessments accurately and in a timely manner
- Individualizing care plans specific to the needs of the patient
- Providing consistent attention to airway, intake, elimination, sleep, rest, mobility and hygiene needs
- Human Respect – Honors worth of humans through unconditional acceptance as evidenced by
- Handling of the body with care
- Demonstrating knowledge of patient rights and incorporating into daily practice
- Calling patients by their preferred name
- Demonstrating use of eye contact and physical contact appropriately
- Speaking respectfully and professionally in a soothing tone
- Appreciation of Unique Meanings – Concerned with understanding others frame of reference
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
- Associate’s Degree Nursing Required. Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree Nursing preferred
- 1 year of experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program required.
- RN – Registered Nurse Upon Hire Req And
- BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Req And
- CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training Upon Hire Req And
- ACPI – Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training maintained annually 6 Months Req Or
- CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 30 Days Req And
- ACPI – Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training maintained annually 12 Months Req
- Psych experience is preferred*
- Good computer skills using a medical management application. • Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
- Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care. • A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Springwood Behavioral Health Hospital HEB is a fully licensed psychiatric and addiction facility on the campus of Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford. Texas Health Springwood offers a full continuum of inpatient, outpatient and partial hospitalization services for adolescents’ age 13 to 17 and adults 18 and older. Texas Health Springwood is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, certified by Medicare, and licensed by the Texas Department of Health. The hospital is operated by Texas Health Behavioral Health, the leading behavioral health care provider in North Texas.
Texas Health Highlights
- 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
- 2018 Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (4th year in a row)
- Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
- A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
- 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
- A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
- A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2Apply.net.