Website University of Washington, Addictions, Drug & Alcohol Institute
The Addictions, Drug & Alcohol Institute (ADAI), formerly the Al
UW ADAI (Addictions, Drug & Alcohol Institute) has an outstanding opportunity for a Program Assistant/Continuing Education Coordinator. As a team member of the Center for Community-engaged Drug Education, Epidemiology and Research (CEDEER) you will actively contribute to a growing portfolio of research and projects across the state related to substance use interventions, drug epidemiology, overdose prevention and harm reduction. Reporting to the Manager of Program Operations, this position will provide administrative and operational support for a range of team activities including trainings, technical assistance, health education, online dissemination of substance use data and research, community engagement, and event coordination. Day-to-day activities will range from public-facing tasks such as training coordination and website and social media updates to back-end tasks such as reporting, scheduling, and budget tracking.
This position requires eagerness to work collaboratively in a high-energy team, an open mindset about substance use, strong writing skills, and skills/familiarity with databases, social media, and project management platforms.
CEDEER provides essential research and projects in the field of substance use interventions in Washington. This Continuing Education Coordinator plays an important role in the success of the team.
· Provide input on the design and organization of a Communications Strategic Workplan and play a key role in supporting multiple team members to implement workplan activities successfully and on time to achieve communication goals. A significant focus will be on improving the visibility and impact of website and social media content and implementing new strategies for virtual dissemination of information.
· Assist team members to plan, schedule, promote and implement in-person and virtual trainings for professional, clinical and layperson audiences. Coordinate continuing education credits for relevant courses, edit training materials per visual standards, and help training team apply new methods to evaluate training program content and processes.
· Utilize project organizational tools such as project management platforms and shared cloud folders to help the team organize project documents, progress tracking, and communication.
· Support event coordination through materials preparation, venue coordination, use of technology tools, and other event logistics.
· Assist with project reporting and tracking project budgets and contract deliverables.
· Zoom technical assistance, including note & attendance taking (as needed).
· Maintain records and create reports on training registration, attendance, and evaluations.
· Support project team with partner email communications.
· Develop and maintain listservs, project directories or other trackers with guidance from team members.
· Update project websites or other sharing platforms (if applicable) in collaboration with team members.
· Help conduct a branding, formatting and grammar review of all training and educational materials.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences, Humanities, Business Administration, or other related field
• Two years experiences working with multidisciplinary teams in social services, health care, or public health. Significant work experience may substitute for degree.
• Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and proficiency in the use of Internet technologies and database systems.
• Skills and experience in writing, editing, and proofing.
• Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• The ability to work in a professional manner both as a self-starter and as a team member.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in managing multiple priorities and programs within a highly complex and fast-paced organization.
• Familiarity with administrative policies and procedures in a university environment, or specifically the University of Washington.
• Working knowledge of basic accounting and budgeting principles.
To apply for this job please visit uwhires.admin.washington.edu.