Website Volunteers of America Colorado Branch
SCOPE: The Case Manager is responsible for assessing the needs of the homeless women referred to and residing at Irving Street Womens Residence. Works with treatment providers and others to assist woman in stabilizing and maintaining stability. Assists them in developing goals, obtaining income, setting financial plans and reuniting with family. Links women to community resources to assist them in exiting homelessness permanently. The position requires ongoing interaction residents, staff, volunteers and others in the community.
1. In conjunction with the individual resident, Treatment Coordinator and other staff, assesses the needs of the women.
2. Assists women in developing goals, obtaining income, setting financial plans and reuniting with family, as appropriate.
3. Connects women with community resources to assist them in exiting homelessness permanently.
4. Encourage the resident to arrange for required services when possible, to maintain and encourage their independence. Follow-up to assure appropriateness and satisfaction with the services.
5. Maintain and submit accurate and updated records on all residents to include the services they receive.
6. Utilize wrap around methods of service provision when appropriate.
7. Develop and coordinate support groups and workshops in response to residents needs and ensure they occur on a regular basis.
8. Assist in recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers to work in all aspects of the program.
9. Submit accurate monthly reports and assist in compiling information, materials, and statistics needed for grant application.
10. Works to obtain other resources for individuals who exit Irving Street, provide follow-up and document.
11. Attend all required meetings, both within Volunteers of America and in the community.
12. Serves as a member of the coverage on-call rotation team.
13. Perform job responsibilities in accordance with the Social Work Code of Ethics. Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelors degree in human services field or equivalent related experience.
2. Two years experience in human services related area.
3. Require own transportation, valid drivers license and up-to-date insurance.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills and good organizational skills.
5. Experienced in working with computers; knowledge of Windows environment preferred.
6. Prefer bi-lingual (Spanish) language skills.
Type: Full Time
Salary: $18.77 per hour
Work Schedule: Tues-Sat 2pm-10pm
Benefit eligibility is based on job type/status
4 paid days off to use throughout the year upon hire!
Paid Time Off
Pension and 403b Retirement Plan
Health, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurances
Life Insurance (Including Accidental Death & Dismemberment)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Discount Program
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2Apply.net.