Website Washington State Department of Social and Health Services
DSHS ESH Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Eastern State Hospital supports the Department of Social and Health Services’ (DSHS) mission to transform lives through communication, problem-solving, and decision making. As an essential member of the Behavioral Health Administration (BHA) executive leadership team, you will be responsible for the overall strategic direction, compliance, safety, community relationships, and oversight of Eastern State Hospital (ESH) which provides services that empower individuals, instill hope and supports self-discovery and independence.
Reporting to the Assistant Secretary of BHA, the CEO works to enhance a positive work environment, foster effective working relationships, and demonstrate skills in mitigating risk for the agency while providing health and safety protections for patients and staff.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Oversee and implement hospital policies and procedures
- Guide a cohesive team committed to best practices
- Lead staff and managers who administer hospital programs and supervise hospital staff
- Communicate and collaborate with organized labor
- Maintain accreditation, licensure, and quality standards of The Joint Commission (TJC), CMS standards and Washington State Department of Health
- Fiscal management of the biennial hospital budget in collaboration with financial management, clinical, and administrative department heads
- Align hospital services with other DSHS administrations, local hospitals, other state mental health hospitals, community mental health programs and Behavioral Health Administrative Service Organizations (BH-ASOs)
- Maintain working relationships with public safety organizations; state and local government officials; city and county prosecutors’ offices, local colleges and universities, community agencies and the public media; review written correspondence to family members, local citizens and constituent services
Knowledge, skills and abilities needed to be successful:
- Executive management and leadership experience in secure facilities
- Strong communication, consistent decision-making, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to encourage teamwork and collaboration among many individuals and organizations
- Knowledge of advanced management methods, including strategic planning with an understanding of organizational structure, culture, and objectives
- Experience putting an agency vision into action through interaction with policymakers, staff, community leaders, volunteers, and those who support the organization
- Ability to carry out a set of values consistent with a culture that is based upon mutual respect and camaraderie, considerable staff-level stewardship of the organization’s work, and high ethical standards
- Demonstrated skill to ensure that programs are responsive to the changing needs of those it serves, and the methods and resources employed reflect best practices
- Experience working with the policy central to the behavioral health field and ability to articulate clearly and effectively to stakeholders, media, legislative members, and other government agencies
Who should apply:
- Professionals with a bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, psychology, human services, political science or a related field
- At least 10 years of institutional/facility leadership and management experience
- Five years of supervisory experience
Applications will consist of the following:
- Your current chronological resume
- A cover letter describing your interest and experience related to this job
To learn more about the CEO opportunity, DSHS, ESH, and BHA, click here to view the executive advertisement.
Questions? Contact Jourdan Kovacs at Jourdan.Kovacs@dshs.wa.gov and reference job number 11351.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com