Website Washington State Department of Social and Health Services
DSHS Lakeland Village Medical Director
The Medical Director is highly valued member of Lakeland Village’s leadership team and serves as a medical expert to multiple disciplines that provide all facets of training, education and health care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Directly reporting to the Superintendent, the Medical Director has a unique opportunity to design, innovate and improve service delivery and systems as part of our strategic goals and objectives. We are seeking a Medical Doctor with the ability to develop an organizational structure for medical/clinical staff that associates with the regulatory expectations, assess the existing resources and influence gaps through analysis.
You will be responsible to assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of policies, procedures and practices that affect the health of the people we serve.
- Ensure appropriate use of resources and effective performance of duties in support of the mission, goals, and operations of Lakeland Village.
- Provide leadership and clinical support.
- Ensure medical staff maintain appropriate standards of care and are meeting performance standards.
- Complete evaluations as required to demonstrate mastery, knowledge and expertise.
- Ensure policies, procedures and internal controls comply with appropriate laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Oversee, administer and execute budgets, including the resources needed to operate medical and clinical programs.
- Authorize the purchase of medical supplies, review and analyze expenditures.
We are looking for a Medical Doctor who understands medicine and has the ability to:
- Supervise, direct and evaluate the work of physicians, physical/occupational therapy staff, dieticians, speech and language pathologists, nurses, ARNPs and contracted psychiatrists.
- Build and guide a cohesive team that is committed to the successful integration of performance objectives.
- Be a presence and resource to gain commitment from others to comply with laws, regulations, standards and guidelines.
- Build strategic relationships with partners, teams and departments to advance shared goals.
- Use sound judgment and medical expertise to drive solutions.
- Create an environment that inspires people to identify process innovations that will enhance efficiency and effectiveness for services provided.
Education and Experience
- Professionals with a license to practice Medicine in the State of Washington or eligibility to obtain within start of employment.
- Board certificated by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Geriatrics, Pediatrics, Psychiatry or Neurology.
- Minimum of five (5) years of post-doctoral experience and demonstrated practice in internal medicine, family medicine, psychiatry, neurology, geriatrics, pediatrics or surgery.
- Demonstrated experience in clinical supervision and program management.
- Solid understanding of budgeting, resourcing and performance evaluation procedures.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, you are encouraged to contact the Recruiter, Lindsey White, by email at Lindsey.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (360) 890-5962 referencing number 03211.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.